15 January 2014

dressed up.

 

ruff hewn blazer {thrifted}   ·   calvin klein skirt {thrifted}
old navy scarf   ·   dexter kylie wedges

i'm really excited to share with you guys that i have been offered a job!  it was one i interviewed for last monday and i got the call last friday that they wanted to hire me.  it all happened so quickly; a part of me was expecting my unemployment to last much longer, but i'm excited about this position (i'll be a social worker in a nursing home).  my orientation isn't until next week, so i have the rest of the week to enjoy a few more days off, have lunch with one of my old coworkers, pull the skirts and tights back out, and hopefully get my hair cut (will that ever happen?!  i need a push!).

this army green blazer i thrifted recently reminded me of the military-style jackets and cargo vests many bloggers own and remix with ease, and i thought it could work for me as a casual blazer to wear on weekends.  this is an example of one way i may wear it to work, but let's be honest... i'm going to enjoy my self-imposed dress code of sweatpants & t-shirts for the rest of the week. :)

get the look:  similar blazer / similar skirt / similar scarf / similar belt / similar wedges

if you haven't already, please be sure to enter my blue nile necklace giveaway!

linking up with tres chic thursday & what i wore to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment