19 January 2015

unexpected outcome.

j crew factory ruffle collar top
merona skirt, flats, and cardigan
was initially going to wear this outfit without the cardigan but it was negative nothing degrees out this am (the temp gauge in my car read -16) so i figured i should add another layer on my arms underneath my jacket for the commute into work.  i just grabbed any cardigan, but then i realized i quite liked the look of the purple shade with the hunter green skirt and the patterned blouse so i kept it on all day.  i used to wear cardigans all. the. time. and don't wear them too often anymore so i was glad how this outfit unexpectedly came together!

other surprisingly good things about today:
- finding a new radio station that played some great jams on my way to work including "shut up dance dance with me," of monsters and men (i used to listen to this album on repeat a few years ago at work - such great background music), and the killers "i've got soul" (another nostalgic song that reminds me of being deployed to florida with the red cross in 2006 to help tornado victims, it's all i listened to in my hotel room).

the best song the radio station played, however, was "budapest" by george ezra on my way home from work - i am such a fan of this guy and urge you all to check him out!  i seriously want everyone to love this guy as much as i do, check out his video:

have a great week!

get the look:  similar cardigan / exact blouse / similar skirt / similar flats / similar necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment