13 July 2011

wednesday.



cardigan: old navy
slacks: mossimo {thrifted}
heels: lela rose for payless
necklace: target {thrifted new... have i mentioned how awesome my goodwill is?}

sometimes i am hard on myself when i wear an outfit like this... sure, it's a perfectly acceptable business-casual outfit, but it didn't scream, "WOW!" to me right away.  but then i looked a little closer and realized that i'm not dressed in drab black (yes, i'll be honest, it's a bias i have... i think too many professional women wear too much black!) and instead in a colorful cardigan, i'm wearing a nice pair of dress pants, and there's a unique and fun twist to my outfit in the statement necklace.  and it still might not scream, "wow," but to me, this is the perfect outfit for my line of work and to wear in front of the people i interact with (older adults).

No comments:

Post a Comment