19 October 2011

wednesday (ordeals)

mossimo draped elastic waist dress   gap cardigan   f21 medieval filigree bangle
merona leather belt {thrifted new}   old navy sliver wedge boots
i had a long night last night.  i brought my car into a shop to get new tires at 5pm, expecting it would only take about an hour, as that is the time i was quoted.  i also thought that by making an appointment, they would be prepared for my arrival and stagger any other appointments or walk-ins they received.  well, what i thought was logical definitely wasn't reality as it took three hours for the tire installation to be completed.  although i received an explanation about the length of time it took to complete the job, i could barely squeak an apology out of the sales associate despite my thanking them for getting the job done.  it made me feel like my time wasn't a concern.  it takes so little effort for people in retail or service industries to make customers feel validated and that their business is appreciated, and i think i have clout to say this because i have worked in three different retail jobs over the years and the managers i had at each one were adamant about providing good customer service, greeting every customer, and always doing something within the store and not just idly standing around.  anyway, i feel better now that i have new tires on my car for the impending winter, but the experience didn't leave me feeling good about giving the company my business.  has anyone else noticed this trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment