30 August 2012

thursday {trial}


talbots blouse {thrifted}   ·   merona skirt {thrifted target stock}
lela rose for payless charson pumps

trial / this look is a little different for me, i can't really say that i have many flowy or black & white blouses in my closet, but that's the great thing about thrifting - maybe a brand, pattern, or style appeals to you and if the price is right, you're willing to give it a try.  part of me bought this blouse just to re-sell on ebay but i thought i would give it a test run first to see if it has a place in my closet.  i'm still not totally sold {the sleeves and hidden front placket are weird!| but i would like to try it with a colored bottom.  i think i played it safe today.  i also wish i would have some sort of other yellow accent, but my yellow belt just seemed a little too much--a bracelet would have been nice!

the skirt i'm wearing i found as donated target stock at the goodwill in january 2011, but the same version is still being sold in stores and in so many fun colors... i haven't looked closely enough to know if they're all featured in target stores yet or not but do i ever love these new colors & prints.  these merona skirts are some of my favorite skirts and they hold up so well.  i hope i can add a couple of these to my wardrobe before the end of the season!


two other pieces of business:

1) i'm linking up with marionberry style today for her statement necklace challenge--you know i love a good necklace and this clear bauble one seemed like a good way to go since there is a large print on my blouse.

2) THANK YOU to all of my followers--i reached 100 yesterday!  i am so excited about this.  i hope you will pop in the comments and say hello.  it really means a lot to me to have a dialogue with my readers and i hope to do something special soon to commemorate this milestone.  thank you so much for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment