09 December 2013

a printed pencil skirt.


george button-down {thrifted/similar}
j crew factory skirt   ·   mossimo wedges {similar}

happy monday!  i'm starting the week of wearing this fun, brightly colored floral skirt -- honestly, i've never met a j crew/j crew factory skirt i didn't like, but i tend to browse their sites and wistfully add items to my cart more often than i follow through with making a  purchase.  i'm not sure what led me to j crew factory a few weeks ago, but there was a pretty reasonable clearance sale going on with this skirt, plus i had an extra percentage coupon from my birthday and money in my paypal account, so i took the plunge to add a new printed pencil skirt to my collection (and this lovely blouse).

my only gripe?  the skirt is unlined!  (and i'm annoyed i didn't pull it down before i took this picture, oops).  i wore a slip, but it still bunched up around the hem where the slip didn't reach as i walked due to the friction against my tights -- grr!  this won't be that big of a deal during the summer if i wear this skirt without tights, but i'd expect a skirt originally priced at $85 to be lined.  i'm willing to see past that since it's already in my closet and has been worn - and i love the colors.  have you found a solution for unlined skirts?

No comments:

Post a Comment