06 January 2014

layered blouses.

 
 

merona chiffon blouse   ·   merona button-down {thrifted}
old navy sweetheart boot-cut jeans   ·   worthington booties

this is what i wore to my last day of work yesterday last friday.  this blouse has been hanging on the back of my closet door for over a month now, i guess i bought it during the wrong season because nothing about having temperatures where the high for the day is below zero (yes, i said high) calls for wearing short sleeves. but when you live in a wintry climate, you get creative about layering and i think the button-down underneath it worked!

since i don't have a reason to wear my pencil skirts and heels anymore while i'm job searching and just at home, i'm using this outfit as a starting point for inspiration to put together looks that are more casual but will still allow me to feel like myself and how i like to get dressed.  thanks to you all for your wonderfully supportive comments on my last post.  it meant so much.  have a wonderful week!

get the look:  exact blouse {or a cardigan} / similar button-down / exact jeans / similar booties / similar necklace / exact socks

No comments:

Post a Comment