18 December 2013

monogrammed.

 
 

j crew shell & skirt {both thrifted}   ·   lauren conrad blazer
merona booties   ·   onecklace monogram necklace (c/o)

today there was a holiday party over the lunch hours at my office building and staff were encouraged to wear an ugly christmas sweater.  do you guys get into this type of holiday party theme?  i didn't even put it on my calendar because i knew i would have no interest in participating, and since i worked form home yesterday i kind of forgot it was taking place today.  i'm not sure why ugly sweater parties are so popular these days but the potential of winning a prize for wearing the ugliest christmas sweater wasn't enough to draw me in.  so, don't mind me in my floral blazer and wool skirt.  what i really want to draw attention to anyway is my necklace that onecklace recently sent me!

i've long admired similar necklaces on some of my favorite bloggers and thought this was the perfect opportunity to add one to my jewelry collection.  i chose the small silver monogram necklace and i love that the size isn't overwhelming and just looks like a pretty, delicate piece of jewelry.  if i'm not wearing a statement necklace, i like to wear a simple chain (like this initial necklace from lisa leonard - no longer available, sadly) and i think the monogram necklace looks great layered with it.  and now i'm twice as likely to remember what my name starts with, haha!

thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment