29 October 2013

a new look.

old navy swiss-dot blouse · j crew skirt {ebayed}
missoni for target heels {thrifted target stock} 

oct 28th / isn't it interesting to think about how your style changes over time? i think those of us who operate little blogs like this can identify that more easily since we track what we wear on a daily basis.  i think it's so interesting to scroll through my archives and see the ways in which my own style has changed. i notice a distinct period in which i wore a lot of cardigans, then i transitioned to button-downs, and i've always gravitated toward accessorizing with both a statement necklace and a skinny belt. i'm starting to wonder if more simplistic outfits like this are the direction i'm headed - i'm still sticking with my tried & true pencil skirts, but i'm leaning more toward blouses rather than button-downs and nixing a lot of accessories. or maybe it's just the mood i'm in today -- who knows.  i guess i'll have to wait until this time next year to see if i can identify a pattern! 

what i will say is that this outfit was easy to select this morning and got me through my day. over the weekend, my parents were in town from georgia, my sister ran a half marathon, and my cousin got married! i'm not used to this much activity but i really enjoyed the time i spent with my relatives at the wedding (and my own parents!) who i don't see so often anymore. i hope everyone reading had a good weekend as well and that your week is off to a great start. thanks for visiting!

get the look: exact blouse / similar skirt / similar heels

No comments:

Post a Comment